A student applying for acceptance into the M.S. program in Criminal Justice should note the following requirements:
- Admittance into the University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s Graduate School.
- Baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution of higher education and a minimum GPA of 2.75 in all courses taken and 3.0 on the last 60 hours taken.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate research methods course within a social science discipline (criminal justice, sociology, political science, psychology or the equivalent). If admitted without this, you will be required to enroll in and complete CJUS 301 during your first semester of graduate study. This course will not be counted toward your M.S. degree.
- *Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Admissions will not be based solely on this score, but rather upon complete examination of all application materials. *As of Fall 2019 admissions, the GRE is waived for applicants who graduated from UL Lafayette with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Provide contact information on your application for three sources who will submit letters of reference. We highly encourage applicants to seek out references who are familiar with their academic work.
- Upload a statement of purpose to your application.
- If native language is not English, achieve minimum TOEFL score as specified by the Graduate School.